Information for Apprentices in Block Training [Video – 7:50] (2013)

Apprenticeship programs give students the chance to combine technical training in the classroom with extensive, progressive on-the-job training.

This video, prepared by the Government of New Brunswick, offers practical advice for apprentices preparing for a block of classroom learning. It was produced by Outreach Productions - Integrated Creative.

About 80 percent of an apprentice's training takes place on the job. For the remaining 20 percent, an apprentice is required to attend classes, generally held at a community college, for several weeks each year.

The video’s narrator, himself a certified carpenter, discusses curriculum; class attendance; codes of conduct; textbooks; block and certification exams; and learning supports.

He also provides information about employment insurance, living expenses during block training, and other financial support available through various sources.

Get resource
Added: 
2014-03-26
APA citation
Government of New Brunswick. Information for Apprentices in Block Training [Video – 7:50] 2013. Web. 27 Sep. 2020 <http://en.copian.ca/library/multimedia/gov_nb/information_for_apprentices.htm>
Government of New Brunswick (2013). Information for Apprentices in Block Training [Video – 7:50]. Retrieved September 27, 2020, from http://en.copian.ca/library/multimedia/gov_nb/information_for_apprentices.htm
© 2020 Copian Library